How can I manage my weight?
At LS Aesthetic, we believe in
adopting a holistic and multi-disciplinary approach to achieving your ideal
- Psychological Approach
- When making a commitment to achieving permanent
weight loss, having the right mindset is key.
- It is important to adopt realistic weight loss
goals, such as a 10 – 15% weight reduction over a span of 3 – 6 months.
- Seek emotional support from your loved ones –
you don’t necessarily have to go through this journey alone.
- Dietary Approach
- At LS Aesthetic, Dr. Kok will advise on a
balanced and nutritional diet while working on a gradual caloric reduction by
500 – 1000 kcal daily.
- Physical Approach
your weight loss journey, minor lifestyle adjustments might be required to
obtain a healthier lifestyle.
- The adoption of moderate intensity exercise on a
daily basis is key: this has been scientifically proven to be effective in
- Examples of moderate intensity exercise include:
- Brisk walking
- Behavioural Approach
- While eating healthily and exercising for a few
months will help in your weight loss goals, lifestyle changes must be made to
ensure these healthier habits are adopted on a long term basis, to ensure the
stability of your weight loss achievements.
- If stress is a factor that induces unhealthy
dieting and behavioural habits, lifestyle changes should also be made to reduce
such negative factors that can negatively impact your weight loss goals.
- Medical Approach
- If your BMI is relatively high and you run at
risk of obesity health complications such as hypertension or diabetes,
medications can also be prescribed to aid in weight loss while managing any
existing health complications.
- Aesthetic Approach
- At LS Aesthetic, we also offer body contouring
treatments to help get reduce the appearance of stubborn fats and cellulite, to achieve your
ideal body shape and a more confident you.
Am I considered obese?
Medically speaking, there are 2 methods of obesity
Health Organization (WHO) classification according to BMI:
- Underweight: <18.5
- Normal Range: 18.5 to 24.9
- Pre Obese: 25 to 29.9
- Obese Class I: 30 to 34.9
- Obese Class II: 35 to 39.9
- Obese Class III: >=40
- WHO classification according to waist
- Males: more than 90cm
- Females: more than 80cm
Call us at
+65 6738 4700
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
for more enquiries. We are conveniently located at #10-04 Wisma Atria Office Tower, 435 Orchard Road Singapore 238877.