We know that sense of dread when you see a zit emerging… and the first things we reach out for: spot treatments! Over-the-counter acne patches!
But those don’t always work, so what do we do when we want our acne to go away, fast?
At LS Aesthetic Clinic, we’ve rounded up various acne treatment programs we offer that cater to a range of acne conditions, as well as those acne scars that just won’t go away.
- LASER TREATMENTS
At LS Aesthetic Clinic, we offer multiple laser programs to treat acne and acne scars.
- Carbon Laser Peel
- This involves the application of a carbon cream on your face prior to your laser treatment and has the effect of:
- Reducing acne breakouts
- Minimising pore size
- Lightening acne scars
- Controlling sebum production
- Lasers for Acne & Acne Scars
- Our other laser programs, such as the Dual Yellow laser, also help to address acne concerns by reducing breakouts and facial redness, smoothing out acne scars and promoting the growth of newer, smoother skin.
- And the great thing is, most of these laser procedures are tolerable, comfortable, and have no downtime! Feel free to apply makeup or resume your daily activities immediately post-treatment.
- ACNE PEELS
- These are mild chemical peels that can safely resurface the skin while reducing the appearance of acne scars.
- If you find yourself backing off after hearing the word “peel”, don’t fret! At LS Aesthetic, we have acne peels that work their magic while having absolutely no downtime and no peeling of the skin afterwards. You’ll be able to resume your daily activities right after treatment!
- ACNE FACIAL PROGRAMS
We offer a series of customised acne facial packages to not only reduce acne breakouts, but also clear comedones and reduce hair follicle infections (which by the way, can be perfect breeding grounds for acne bacteria). This can be done through the use of specialised machines we use, to provide services such as:
- Ultrasonic Cleansing
Our acne facial treatments can also be combined with laser treatments for even more effective results!
- BLUE LIGHT THERAPY
Since acne is actually caused by p.acnes bacteria, having blue light therapy actually helps to eliminate the bacteria before they multiply and cause that unwanted acne breakout.
Why blue light though? Blue light – specifically at a wavelength of 415 nm – has been scientifically proven to kill acne-causing bacteria by effectively shutting down the bacteria cells’ metabolisms.
Blue light therapy can be easily tailored into our acne facial programs for a more holistic approach towards fighting unwanted acne.
- ORAL MEDICATION
For those with moderate to severe acne, stronger medications can be prescribed to keep acne under control. These medicines work by reducing oil production, as well as killing acne-causing bacteria and reducing inflammation.
- INTERLESIONAL CORTICOSTEROID INJECTIONS
Relax! This doesn’t sound as scary as it seems. A mild corticosteroid is injected directly into the acne cyst and studies have shown that within 24 hours, your acne cyst will disappear! It will feel a little like an ant bite, as with most injections, but at LS Aesthetic, we take steps to make this process as comfortable for you as possible.
Do take note though: this is generally considered as a last resort option for a severe cyst, or an emergency solution if you want to get rid of a sudden huge zit before an important social occasion.
- MEDICAL-GRADE ACNE SKINCARE
It’s important to adopt a holistic, 360° mindset when it comes to fighting acne. Hence, apart from acne treatments, having a skincare routine specially tailored to treat acne is just as important.
- At LS Aesthetic, we offer a complete range of skincare products ranging from cleansers and scrubs, to moisturisers and acne creams, for various skin types and conditions.
Our skincare range is medical-grade, meaning that it meets high medical-quality standards, and is also sourced from reputable medical suppliers.
So when you see zits that don’t seem to go away, don’t despair! There’s always a treatment for that.
Dr. Allan Kok understands the emotional distress acne can cause and has more than 10 years of experience treating various acne conditions. For more information, give us a call at +65 6738 4700 or email us at email@example.com. We provide honest advice, quality care, and affordable prices.